Sasol Louisiana Projects Press Releases
Please select from the Press Releases list below:
- 04.08.13 | SASOL PRESS RELEASE: Sasol advances ethane cracker and downstream derivatives project with purchase of long-lead equipment
Sasol today announced its placing of a purchase order for the main ethylene compressor trains, a critical long-lead item for the world-scale ethane cracker, from MHI Compressor International Corporation.
- 12.03.12 | SASOL PRESS RELEASE: Sasol commences the front-end engineering and design (FEED) phase for an integrated gas-to-liquids and ethane cracker complex
Sasol, today announced it will proceed with front-end engineering and design (FEED) phase for an integrated, 96 000bbl/d gas-to-liquids (GTL) facility and a world-scale ethane cracker with downstream derivatives, at its Lake Charles site in southwest Louisiana.
- 12.03.12 | LED PRESS RELEASE: Sasol Announces Largest Manufacturing Investment In Louisiana History, Creating More Than 7,000 Direct And Indirect Jobs
Integrated gas-to-liquids (GTL) and ethane cracker complex will create 1,253 direct jobs with salaries averaging nearly $88,000, plus benefits; project will be one of the largest foreign direct investment (FDI) manufacturing projects in the history of the United States
- 09.13.11 | SASOL PRESS RELEASE: Sasol Announces Feasibility Study to Build the First U.S. Gas-to-Liquids Facility
South African energy and chemicals group Sasol today announced that it has chosen the southwestern region of the State of Louisiana as the site for a planned gas-to-liquids (GTL) facility. The project is slated to be the first plant in the U.S. to produce GTL transportation fuels and other products.
- 09.13.11 | OFFICE OF LA GOV BOBBY JINDAL: Sasol announces gas-to-liquids complex
LED estimates that the project also would result in approximately 4,000 indirect jobs, which means the total impact of the project would be nearly 5,000 new jobs in Southwest Louisiana.