Sasol Louisiana Projects News Clippings
Please select from the News Clippings list below:
- 04.19.13 | LAKE CHARLES KPLC: Sasol talk of World Trade Conference
Aaron Brickman from Washington D.C. is the deputy director of SelectUSA within the U.S. Department of Commerce. He said Sasol's plans resonate with many in Washington D.C. and around the country. Brickman said at a conference in Germany last week, they were calling America the new China.
- 04.18.13 | AMERICAN PRESS: Sasol expansion project has nation's attention
Southwest Louisiana is on the minds of federal commerce officials in Washington, D.C., because of the billions of dollars in investments that have been announced and followed through on in recent years.
- 04.10.13 | AMERICAN PRESS: Sasol purchase an investment in Westlake facility
Sasol has purchased main ethylene compressor trains, a key element of the $21 billion announced investment at its facility in Westlake.
- 02.11.13 | LAGNIAPPE MAGAZINE: Sasol works to ready the community for the new gas-to-liquids plants
It hasn’t been long since Sasol’s massive new gas-to-liquids project was announced. But work is already being done and leaders are thinking about long-term steps the community needs to take to prepare for the development.
- 01.21.13 | AMERICAN PRESS: Guest Commentary: Planning for Future Growth in SW La.
The two energy industrial projects announced last week are conch again focusing attention on Southwest Louisiana, almost in disbelief, locally and throughout the nation.
The huge Sasol announcement in December captured the attention of the energy and financial community worldwide, including coverage in the Wall Street Journal and New York Times.
- 01.19.13 | AMERICAN PRESS: Editorial: Good news keep rolling in for Southwest Louisiana
Like manna from heaven, bountiful good economic news continues to abound in Southwest Louisiana.
Within a 48-hour period, two new liquified natural gas projects totaling $3.5 billion, were announced for Calcasieu Parish. And a source told the American Press that another major economic announcement is likely to be forthcoming in the next few days.
- 01.06.13 | AMERICAN PRESS: Editorial: La. jobs growth booms, state's numbers show
Robust growth in Louisiana’s payrolls may confirm that our state is doing many of the right things to develop our economy.
The state reported recently that payrolls grew by .09 percent in November, the best percentage increase in jobs in the country. That meant an additional 13,000 jobs for people in our state.
- 01.04.13 | KPLC-TV Lake Charles: Go Group: Getting ready for economic development boom
-At this point they call it the "Go Group" for short. That's the working name for the Southwest Louisiana Task Force for Growth and Opportunity. It's still in the formative stage but the aim is to get ready for the tremendous economic growth in our future.
- 01.03.13 | FORBES.com: America's New Frontier for Business Opportunity
They say that the view from the bottom is often the reason – the inspiration – for getting back up. For Louisiana, the view must have been coming from very low ground and looked overwhelmingly bleak, because the state has made a dramatic economic transformation over the recent years, after decades of experiencing a great outward migration of its population due to a notoriously poor business climate.
- 01.02.13 | AMERICAN PRESS: SW La. poised for economic boom
It has been a “historic year” for economic growth in Southwest Louisiana, and 2013 will be a “turning point” for the region, said George Swift, president and CEO of the Southwest Louisiana Economic Development Alliance.