Sasol Louisiana Projects News Clippings
Please select from the News Clippings list below:
- 12.17.12 | THE ADVOCATE: New facility provides La. new jobs
A plant to convert natural gas to chemicals, diesel and other fuels is good news for the economy of the Lake Charles area and the entire state. Itís also another sign of the enormous potential for energy in ďfracking,Ē the drilling technique that has unlocked new sources of oil and gas, particularly the latter in Louisiana.
- 12.12.12 | AMERICAN PRESS: Sasol tetramerization project accounts for 36 jobs
One week after Sasol announced it will invest up to $21 billion in its Westlake facility, officials with the South Africabased company said Tuesday that a separate project óits tetramerization unit ó is halfway complete and already accounts for 36 high-paying jobs.
- 12.10.12 | AMERICAN PRESS: Westlake, Area Towns Prep for Saosl
The recent announcement of the multibillion-dollar expansion at Sasol has prompted local officials to plan for effects that a population increase could have on Westlake and surrounding cities.
- 12.05.12 | AMERICAN PRESS: Sasol crown facility jewel
Mondayís announcement of Sasolís decision to proceed with development of potentially a $21 billion plant to convert natural gas-to-liquid fuels ranks as one of the biggest economic bonanzas in Southwest Louisiana history.
- 12.05.12 | AMERICAN PRESS: Sasol decision, years in the making, will benefit all of Southwest Louisiana
Sasolís major announcement Monday to spend up to $21 billion in Southwest Louisiana would never have made national headlines without an abundance of regional efforts.
- 12.05.12 | THE ADVOCATE: Sasol project design begins
Sasol, a South African energy giant, plans to spend between $16 billion and $21 billion to build a plant in Calcasieu Parish that will convert natural gas to liquid fuel and house an ethane cracker complex.
- 12.05.12 | ASSOCIATED PRESS: State pledges $135 million incentive package to land natural gas complex
Gov. Bobby Jindal's administration has pledged a more than $135 million incentive package to South African energy company Sasol Ltd. to build a multibillion-dollar complex in southwest
- 12.04.12 | AMERICAN PRESS: Study: Sasol projects will have $46.2B economic impact
A study by LSUís Division of Economic Development estimated that Sasolís Westlake projects will create a total economic impact of $46.2 billion over the next 20 years, Louisiana Economic Development Secretary Stephen Moret told theAmerican Press on Monday.
- 12.03.12 | KPLC-TV Lake Charles: Officials: Sasol expansion to create 7,000 direct and indirect jobs
Westlake's Sasol is eyeing a multi-billion dollar expansion that will create thousands of jobs, officials said Monday.
- 12.03.12 | KATC-TV Lafayette: Largest Manufacturing Investment in La. History Announced
Today, Governor Bobby Jindal and Sasol Ltd. CEO David Constable announced the company plans to invest between $16 billion and $21 billion in an integrated GTL and ethane cracker complex in Westlake that is expected to create 1,253 direct jobs paying an average salary, at full employment, of nearly $88,000, plus benefits, and resulting in an additional 5,886 new, indirect jobs, for a total of more than 7,000 direct and indirect jobs. Sasol also will retain 435 existing direct jobs in Westlake as a result of the project.